Friday, May 13, 2005

MLS

Why is it that every so often i just get this MLS syndrome. right ryan? girls may PMS every so often, but i think for me it's just generally a MLS type o' deal: My Life Sucks.

I just a few minutes ago blazed into class late. I'd totally forgotten about it, saw everyone else getting ready for class, was talking to everyone about assignments we'd gotten back...etc. Then i remembered, "IT'S FRIDAY!!!! AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...i have EzNehEs @ 1:10!!!! and it's 1:13..." Why do i even try?

i'm all worried right now. worried about my summer and how things are going to work out. worried about homework, there's no way i'm getting everything done that i need to get done by the final due dates. i'm totally sleep deprived, if Eleia had not given me her coffee this morning (making my grand total before 11am TWO tall doubleshot starbucks') then i'd be totally dead right now. i already slept thru chapel, and part of class. i'm not paying even a whit of attention right now, praise the lord for wireless internet in class. it rilly sux when it wont connect in this stuffy senior classroom.

i don't think worried is even the term i should be using here. i say i'm worried about this and that. i'm just clueless is more like it...i can't think. i'm not processing. i'm not in control of my future, and i feel i should be. i can't even focus recently to just get homework done. maybe it's sleep deprivation, but i've gone without sleep b4. maybe it's schedule overload, but i already can blank out and take calls at work while i'm half asleep, and passing notes w/Amber. maybe i'm just too distracted in general. but in any case i am highly frustrated with my life, why cant i just take control and get stuff in line? why is it that i'm always cramming at the last second? why is it that any plans i make never fall into place? why is it that i end up procrastinating and putting off the important in deference to the tyranny of the urgent? If i could ever just get ahead in life, physically, emotionally, mentally...i wouldn't even care about financially.

Basically, i really feel like My Life Sucks right now. I just went down to my dorm and screamed out, "I Hate My Life...and everything in it!" i didn't really mean it of course. but it sure does feel like it at times.

crap.

"we have been set apart from the world, for christ, for his use and purposes." that's what the teacher just said. what the heck is that supposed to mean? can i not hold it together for just a few minutes to take advantage of the great blessings that God is throwing in my face? Sure, He's going to work everything out for my good, and His ultimate glory. It really doens't make sense sometimes tho...couldn't He just make a few things simpler? Why the drama? why the suspense? why the crossing, double crossing? why the love? why the betrayal? why the temptations that plague us at ever turn?

I don’t have any answers. I’m just rambling…and most likely I’ll be over it in the morning. but I do wish that somehow I could learn to truly live in the present, for the future, remembering the past. if I keep MLS-ing all the time, I’m never going anywhere. I guess all I have to do now is to keep doing what I’ve done in the past keep plugging along. press forward. don’t allow anything to get me down. take the lemons life throws at me and make lemonade. do the next thing. Just Do The Next Thing. and don’t forget everything else while you’re doing it!!! Dang it!

all I’m in this class for is for the credit that I need….and the homework I’m turning in is easy as pie…all 100’s so far. 20 minutes left in here…what should I do? the rest of the time is going to drag…

3 comments:

IDigAK said...

ok...i'm gonna bust a major taboo...and reply to my own post.

so...what do you prescribe to relieve the above ailment? just writing it out helped me some but i don't want to brush over a frustration just because it came along. i want to learn from it and become a mighty man.

specifically, to all my great freinds out there, what reading...and/or music...would you reccommend for my consumption at this point? anything?

Anonymous said...

Ahhh John.... I almost wrote something earler, but i didn't know what to say....But i want you to know that out in that dark black world someone heard you and someone cares about you....what do you do???? Do something for you self and forget everything else, just even something little, buy a cool cd, or make coffee....

I love a song by newsong 'don't it make you want to go home'..... part of it goes like this
'don't it make you want to go home,
run through those gates and fall in Jesus arms,
all the cares of this world are now through,
Don't it make, don't it make you want to go home....'
I can't remember much more, but thats where were headed, a place that is beautiful with no sorrow, no cares.....

and it's ok to feel like that, sometimes it looks like nothing can be good, and that everybodys against you.... I feel better when i clean up something really well or exercise..just do something that you can do mad, and uses up alot of energy.... this is just kind of some thoughts that were running through my mind... and i wanted to answer you, and let you know someone heard....
Love you bunches!!!
Omie

Briana said...

hey john,
I dont know what to say. Well, maybe I could cough up a few things...:)

Stop trying to work it all out. You cant do it. No matter what, I promise you, you will mess it up. But instead, let God handle it.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

Please, dont try to shoulder this burden alone. You have friends praying for you, but nobody will match up to God. He really is the only one who will give you contentment and peace. Isnt it crazy how life all seems to pour down at once? For a while I didnt even know how I was going to make it through. But from that, God taught me so much, and I have confidence that He will do the same for you if you will let Him. So relax, because God is in charge, and no matter what, nothing suprises Him. He's molding you and shaping you and growing you...just listen for him.


-Briana