Sunday, January 29, 2006

God is Good

::done reading:: Through Painted Deserts, by donald miller

"At midnight it feels there is more light in the sky than darkness, as though God took a fistful of stardust and threw it upward where it shimmers at the apex of its ascent, as though what we know as creation exists only for this brief second before it all comes crashing down again. Brilliant blue clusters spread thick and dense and they sparkle and fade, sparkle and fade. It is silent music, the night sky. God does well to live atop them...

"...I wonder at what Paul said back in Portland, how God is good, how it doesn’t do any good to run from Him because what He has is good and who He is, is good. Even if I want to run, it isn’t really what I want - what I want is Him, even if I don't believe it."

No comments: