Monday, January 01, 2007

Under My Skin

::mood::missing ntbi like crazy
::musicvideo::the closest thing to crazy, by katie melua

gosh.

can anyone tell me what it is about that ugly, monasteristic, stinky, cold,
wonderful, ill-positioned, challenging, devastating, irreplaceable, melting pot of weird people and places that gets under your skin and makes you miss it like you might miss your ears sticking out: you really hated it when you had it, would have done anything to get away and get rid of it, but it's just a part of you and now that you don't have it any more you can't ever imagine how you disliked it and really wish you had it all back; all the people, all the places, all the discomforts, all the hurts, all the disagreements, all the misunderstandings, all the assignments, all the stress, all the work, all the financial troubles, all the fun, all the weirdness, all the learning, all the late nights, all the friends, all the rules, all the rule-breaking, all the....stuff....the stuff that somehow, incomprehensibly, works together to make a truly great place.

i stumbled on this today, and it all came back. again.

yeah.

3 comments:

Lesley Girl said...

I know what you mean, but some how every thing works out for the best...(SmileS)

Lesley Girl said...

for me, I miss the socail part of it, always having someone to talk to, do something with, the people is what made it great for me. Anyway talks to you laters

Anonymous said...

Hey...I was bored at work today (like everyday) and ended up on your blog...this post really hits close to home. I struggled so much at NTBI and yet knew that I loved it, I couldn't wait to leave, to graduate, and now I can't wait to get back to that culture. It really does get under your skin...