Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Work in Progress

::mood::meticulous
::music::Passacaglia, by T. Nielsen as performed by Aarhus Symphony Orchestra



Wherein the Writer Documents the Pathway He Has Taken On His Quest For the Truth


You must understand that this writer has made every attempt to set aside all pretensions, all allegiances, all preconceived ideas… in order to begin this quest with nothing short of a clean slate for that segment of his mind where once he thought he knew what the last word on this subject was, namely, ... However, it is a truth that the truly wise man is only made wise by understanding the fact that he knows very little.

Recently, it has been brought to my attention how very little I do indeed know about this subject, and how much research, writing, and debate has occurred, both informed and not so well informed, for years on end. I do not attempt to absorb the whole body of knowledge accumulated by scholars and theologians, alike. I cannot; and I will not, for sake of time. And that being the case, I dare not approach to render a verdict and prove all but one platform to be wrong, just so that I might have the satisfaction of standing absolute and unerring. Such satisfaction would must needs come at the sacrifice of true wisdom; for not only would I flaunt my ignorance, but also render my very own ‘infallible’ verdict compromised, and foundering: hardly the concrete manifestation of brilliance first sought.

I seek, therefore, to search out what most matters. To read and assimilate the anchors of this argument. And to commune with Jesus Christ, as revealed in His written word, and living within myself, to come to a point of resolution for my personal life standard.

This issue needs not be expounded upon regarding the volatility, or significance of its nature. As of yet, I do not know what the outcome will be, nor how cogent the arguments will appear. I cannot say that what I conclude will be a conclusion to police the entire world. But, all things considered, I do know that what must occur is that I must embark on this journey so that I might live well, without compromise, without apology, and most importantly, for a reason.

That Reason is why I press forward. Come with me…

No comments: