Friday, September 30, 2005

Over the past few days...

I've been gone for awhile. I spent the last four days up on a roof, doing some work for a guy i know. It was good work. I was dead after the first day though. But now i'm feeling great! ...and have come to a few conclusions:

a. I really love solid ground; level, solid ground.
b. I really like the feeling of being active and in shape.
c. And now for a few anecdotes that i'd like to share:

I had a dream last night. It's funny, cause I don't normally remember dreams, if I do dream at all. But last night, I found myself dreaming that I was a guest in a massive house. And this isn't any 15-bedroom-massive house; it's unending-massive. I remember staying in just the guest suite. There is a magical quality about it that keeps me from getting lost, so there is no fear about it's size. But after spending hours exploring this one section of this house, I step outside to take in the beautiful sunshine, when I turn around see the house from the outside. Seeing it now, from this different perspective, I can see the true size of this mansion. And I come to realize that this one section that I’ve been exploring is only a remote fraction of this amazing place! The grandeur of viewing it from the outside is simply breathtaking! Going back inside, I later attempt to find the rest of this house, to go exploring even more. But this time, I come up against an apprehension of going further. “What if I get lost?” “What if someone finds me here and I don’t have an explanation for why I’m here?” getting more morbid… “What if I run into something that will hurt me?” or even worse…
What if I can’t get back?!?”

Something about this struck me as being a great picture of my life. So often, I’m in the middle of a situation, I’m seeking God’s direction, I’m basking in His love. But it’s not until I talk to someone who helps me refocus on what the whole thing looks like from the greater perspective, not until I step back to take a look at the big picture, that I can find resolution, and realize there is way more to God’s love and direction then I’ll ever be able to use up. Then I can dive back in, exploring more of this great adventure He has given to me to live. Yes, at times I’ll question even the best of these His gifts to me. But when I am following Him and seeking to bask in the true greatness of His love for me, I’ll never find the end of His Massive House!

Note: After writing the above, i heard from no less than three people saying that they themselves had had some interesting dreams last night, also! So...be it the cycle of the moon, the winds from the hurricanes, or some weird tribal dance that took place yesterday, sounds like a bunch of people got hit! If you had some interesting dreams, use that as an excuse to call me, drop me an email, catch me in some other way...i'm making a point to keep in touch with friends! =} jpl

No comments: