Wednesday, November 02, 2005

of pool...SCC...and life

::mood:: can't sleep
::music:: Carry You to Jesus from the album "Declaration" by Steven Curtis Chapman

so, yeah, like i said, i can't sleep right now, for whatever reason. so one of my favorite pastimes has come into play: playing pool by myself while listening to all my music on shuffle. some pretty random stuff comes on. i make a point to listen to whatever comes on. but sometimes i skip a song or two. tonight SCC came on with Carry You to Jesus. and something about that song really spoke to me in the moment just how i needed.

"so I will carry you to Jesus, He is everything you need. And if you need to cry, God and I...I will cry along with you. Yeah. I'll give you what I am, but still i know, the best thing I can do is just pray for you." (SCC - Carry You to Jesus)

This is the first post ever, i think, that i've written with no title/subject to start with. i don't know that that means anything in particular. except that perhaps i am rambling. this whole thing is less than random. more like useless. nothing important. in fact i don't know why i'm still writing. you should be ashamed for still reading.

perhaps it does link to my life of recent. i don't know the reason. but i'll keep going to see if it proves itself.

"without Jesus' life in me, there'd be no life at all. more than just a part, He's the very heart, of everything I am." (SCC - Jesus is Life)

i've now lost 4 games in a row. oh, well. normally i play real competitively, looking to bump my rating as high as possible. but i don't really care. i mean, i do care. it's just that it really doesn't seem to matter to me all that much right now.

and now, ten minutes later, i've had smashing success and won two (make that three) games in a row. only, not just won, but humilitated my opponents with a success that is cruel and unusual.

maybe there is a lesson to be learned there, also. that all it takes is for me to relax and not try so hard. keep in mind what's really important. if there's no use stressing, then don't! (thanks to jonathan and his christian science buddies for that tidbit) (and if you don't know what i'm talking about, don't stress, i'm not going off the deep end of theology!) =}

leaving you with this thought:

"With everything I am, I will say
I want to be a God-follower!
I want to go wherever He leads
I want to walk the trail He's brought for me
And when I reach God's place
I will look into his face
Then I'll look for you
Will I find you there?
Can you say with me,
I want to be a God-follower?" (SCC - God Follower)

No comments: