Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Precious

Call it a trashy love affair.


















Call it an obsession.

Call it what you will.

But, for heavens' sakes, do not call it just another coffee mug.














my mom flipped out when she saw this one.













i think it's cause she thought i meant that i wanted to kill myself at a young age while doing something stupid.

i had to correct her. in that my intentions are to live a full life. and die, not necessarily at a young age, but, still young at heart.

although, i wouldn't mind dying at a younger age age.














i painted this myself. to resemble an old, once-loved, now-corroded copper pot. it may not give that impression at first glance. but it gives pause for reflection. causes one to stare at the curious brush strokes. and gaze at the crystal explosions on the rim and base.

when i first picked it up after it had been fired at The Purple Glaze, i was dissapointed in how it turned out. it was not much like i expected it to be.

but after realizing that it's uniqueness intrigued me, i can't stop looking at it. i christened it with a full cup of french press ethiopian sodoma. and haven't stopped using it yet. coffee. tea. black. sweet. it's perfect for anything warm. or cold...i guess, i haven't tried that yet. but i'll have to soon. maybe milk...

i think that everytime i use it, i fall more in love with it. it is my creation. my work of art. my very own coffee pot.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

youre all jacked up.

Anonymous said...

oooo I like it. And I also totally completely agree about getting old. I want to die at like 55 or something... old enough to have lived a little, but right before all the major not fun health issues start. Arthritis. Canes. Blindness and deafness. Eating prunes. Not fun.

Lesley Girl said...

John, Nice cup... um... I role my eyes at you and shake my head... what else can I say, other than what have you been driking cause I want some
laters LOL