Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I sometimes feel like...somebody's watching me!

I think that, sometimes, the best lessons that we learn are the ones we come across in our day to day living. No special searching. No digging around in study. Or blazing revelations. Just the simple truth that comes along in the course of a day.

Like today, while working on my last yard of the day, I got hit in the eyes with a blinding light. Like it was from a spotlight pointed directly at me.

In the split second between the time I was blinded and when I turned to see what it was, the following thoughts all ran through my head:

"Someone, or something, has got me cornered. Whoever's got that light pointed at me knows who I am; and they know where I am. They've been watching me. And they obviously have a purpose for arresting my attention this way. Wherever they are, even if I look to see where and/or who they are, I'm not going to be able to see anything because of the brilliance of this spotlight.

"They're obviously well equipped because I've never seen a light that bright. And they're obviously well prepared, because they got me right here, right now, while I'm in a place that not many people know I would be."

I looked up.

The sun had found a just-slight-enough opening in the clouds. And right before sunset, it flashed directly across the top of the privacy fence. And into my eyes.

Yes, SomeOne knows who I am; SomeOne knows where I am; and SomeOne's watching me. SomeOne's got pretty much the hugest spotlight there is.

God just wanted to remind me. And I don't mind if He comes along to spy on me. It kinda makes me feel safe.

No comments: