Monday, December 11, 2006

Merry Christmas ya'll...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas ya'll...

in spite of the hurried state i was in.. rushing... not quite thinking... pleased with my purchase i had made... added to the fact the items where on sale... one even marked below sticker price... i was glad. glad i had come in on the spur of a moment... glad i picked everything out within minutes... glad i had bought quality... thoughts running thru my head. none too important nor a necessity of anything.. mere existance. told the clerk good-bye, began walking to the door with my purchases... hurry, i kept telling myself.. you had to be there moments ago... you are late. the voice was condemning me in my head but it was overshadowed by something not right. no, i got the right sizes.. yes, i had enough cash on my card... yes i have the reciept wadded up in the bag... something bugged me that i couldn't put a finger on it. what's the season???

I continued on, past scruffy looking shoppers, past a gentleman on whose face it was obvious that it was his wife's idea, not his, to be there. past a haggard looking lady filling out a slip for a drawing of a huge teddy bear. yet it was only seconds ago that i sensed something wrong... i pushed the door open, welcoming the fresh cold air to my face as i turned left and headed hurredly down the sidewalk. what's the season???

it was then i realized she, the nice cashier lady who'd I'd only spoken to a moment ago, had greeted me. i thought thru the brief encounter.. she was polite, friendly. she asked if i wanted to open an account. i did not.. and then it hit me... she told me "happy holiday's!"

that was it. happy holiday's is fine as a greeting, i guess. if you are not talking to someone who holds the birth of my Savior near and dear to my heart. why was i offended... maybe because of the casuality in which she said it. polite, brief. i think she honestly enjoyed this time of year, but for some reason she didn't treasure the "Christmas" part of the season. maybe some dumb idiotic company rule in which an aithiestic bigwig decided to command that "Christmas" was forbid. maybe her choice... maybe not. didn't matter. she said it. maybe she meant well...

it bugged me. "For in Him we live and move and have our being.." whether some individual with their personal belief system wants to acknowledge His existance or not doesn't change the fact that we, I, rely on Him heavily..

In Him I move, I have my life in Him.. and it's His birthday... and i'd be an idiot to not rejoice in the fact that He came to this crazy place we call earth to save me... I love my Jesus...

Happy Birthday Jesus...

Merry Christmas ya'll!

-------------------------------------------------------------
special thanks to ryan

No comments: