Sunday, September 23, 2007

...that perfect

::mood::calm
::music::1234, from the album The Reminder by Feist

I went for a drive tonight up riverside drive. I was in a perfectly nonchalant, drive-five-miles-under-the-speed-limit kind of a mood, perusing the latest in Tulsa's new jazz radio selection.

107.9.

103.7.

I had several hours before either PipeDreams or Hearts of Space came on on my favorite public radio 107.3 KOSU. So, I rolled my window halfway down, let some of the drizzle wet my arm as I navigated the tranquility that is to be found between the potholes.

I'd had the chance to become fully refreshed as far as sleep goes earlier this morning, and all seemed to be at peace. I was rested, full from a hearty dinner, and on my way to collect a check. All the gears just meshed perfectly. Nothing seemed to be stressing at the moment.

The only problem being, as the evening progressed, I found myself desperately trying to make that feeling last, to prolong the serenity, and extend the perfect drive into the perfect day into the perfect week...only, it kept returning to normal.

The same routine. The same places. The same people. The same problems.

Which is life. I know alot of it appears to be the same thing day after day after day.

I just wish it actually all be that coordinated...that calm...that quintessential splash of almost-guilty pleasure that follows a series of well-planned occurrences: that perfect.

No comments: